[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM Persian]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets.]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
[Adapted from website:] Baha’i World News Service
[Date:] 7 Bahman 1387 (26 January 2009)
Harassment of high school students in recent months
Latest news from Iran
In the months of Aban and Azar  [November and December 2008], intimidation and harassment of primary and secondary school students increased. Examples of these cases have been reported in the cities of Isfahan, Karaj, Shiraz, and Tehran:
- In Isfahan, students were forced to listen to the teacher’s abuses and insults to the Baha’i Faith [while being] threatened [with expulsion] from school, and to remain silent and not respond to insults.
- The principal of a school in Isfahan warned Muslim students to avoid associating with Baha'i students.
- Another example in Isfahan was the separation of Baha’i student seats from [those of] other students.
- In Karaj, a Baha’i student was denied registration due to not attending congregational prayers.
- In Shiraz, in two different cases, Baha’i students were warned that they would be expelled from school if they preached the Baha’i Faith. Another student was reportedly barred from enrolling in school due to his teaching the Baha’i Faith.
- In Tehran, a Baha’i student was expelled from high school for stating the word “Baha’i” in the religion column of the registration form.