[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM PERSIAN]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets.]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
[Publication:] Akhbar-e Amri [Baha’i News]
[Date:] 1357 [1978/1979]
[Issue No.:] 11
[Communication of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’is of Iran Regarding the Need to Explain to People That the Baha’i Faith Is Not Against Islam And That Certain Individuals Who Are Attributed to the Baha’i Community Are Not Baha’is.]
Via the Sacred Local Spiritual Assemblies, May God Strengthen Their Foundations
To the beloved friends, the Glory of God be upon you,
Further to circulars number 8/12/40 – 16 Mordad 1357 [7 August 1978], and number 8/12/42 – 6 Shahrivar 1357 [28 August 1978], and number 8/12/44 – 12 Shahrivar 1357 [3 September 1978], this Assembly would like to draw your attention to the following:
1. Since there are a [few] people these days who have spread baseless rumours, either by malice or mistake, and, God forbid, they assume Baha’is to be against the sacred religion of Islam, it is incumbent upon the friends to inform and awaken public opinion [to the fact that,] based on the numerous holy tablets and writings, the Baha’is believe in His Holiness the Seal of the Prophets (PBUH), the Holy Quran, and the Righteous of the Pure Imams (PBUT).
As an example, His Holiness Abdu’l-Baha, in a talk He gave at the San Francisco Jewish Temple on 12 October 1912, in order to prove the truthfulness of the Great Prophet of Islam, said, “His Holiness Muhammad was born among the savage tribes of Arabia, outwardly illiterate. Arabian people were in utmost ignorance. When the light of Muhammad dawned, the darkness of ignorance was dispelled from the desert of Arabia. In a short period of time those barbarous people attained a superlative degree of civilization, which, … from Baghdad extended as far westward as Spain and afterward influenced the greater part of Europe.”
… There are numerous references to His Holiness the Seal of the Prophets, the Holy Quran, the Commander of the Faithful―Ali ibn Abi Talib [His Holiness Imam Ali]―and Husayn ibn Ali [His Holiness Imam Husayn] (Seyyed’ul-Shohada) (PBUT) that the friends are aware of, and they can refer to the [Baha’i] Writings, in any case.
2. Contrary to the truth and reality, some compatriots consider certain individuals with absolutely no connection to the sacred Cause and Baha’i community, and who are involved in political affairs, to be Baha’is. [The Baha’is] must be aware that generally the main condition for being a Baha’i is non-involvement in politics. Therefore, based on this principle, anyone who is involved in political affairs is not and has never been Baha’i.
3. The Baha’is are aware that the esteemed government authorities—may God make them successful―pay proper attention to the current laws and their duty of protecting all Iranians, including Baha’is. For your further information, we remind you of Article 8 of the Amendment to the Constitution: Residents of Iran have equal rights according to the government laws. Also, Article 9 of the same Amendment indicates: All people are protected and safe from any aggression in respect to their lives, belongings, shelter and honour, and no one’s rights can be interfered with, unless through laws enacted by the State.
Therefore, the Friends should not be influenced by any contrary rumours, and be confident that those who are aggressive toward public rights will be severely punished for their evil acts by the authorities. Therefore, do not allow fear and agitation to disturb you and do not believe the baseless rumours.
4. It is written in the Second Article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which has been ratified by the imperial country of Iran, that “Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion.” And Article 7 of the same Declaration indicates that: “All are equal before the law and are entitled, without any discrimination, to equal protection of the law.”
5. The Blessed Beauty says, “[Persian verse]”
 [The Promulgation of Universal Peace by Abdu’l-Baha] https://www.bahai.org/library/authoritative-texts/abdul-baha/promulgation-universal-peace/promulgation-universal-peace.pdf?32c3844e
 [The authorized translation of this text is not available in English. The original text is as follows:]
""اکلیل اعمال استقامت است، به آن متمسّک شوید و اعظم از کلّ مقامات است، به آن ناظر باشید