[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM Persian]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets.]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
[The excerpt below is from the section of the article that pertains to the Baha’i Faith]
[Date:] 6 Azar 1358 [27 November 1979]
[Issue No.:] 10867
Perpetrator of Murder in Saadi Massacre Sentenced to Execution.
Shiraz – Kayhan reporter – following the investigations into the case of those responsible for the mass killing of people of Saadi town, The Islamic Revolutionary Court has sentenced Colonel Azamatollah Fahandej to execution.
The court announced the sentence of those responsible for this mass killing as follows:
- Colonel Azamatollah Fahandej, condemned as Muhareb, for killing and participation in shooting and mass killing of the revolutionary people of Saadi town, sentenced to execution
- Rouhollah Fahandej, charged with conspiracy against the nation, [sentenced] to 15 years’ imprisonment
- GhanbarAli, Behnam, supporting, and Shahram Fahandej, to ten years’ imprisonment
- Mesbah and Amanat Fahandej, to five years imprisonment
- Colonel RezaGholi Aghdasi, [guilty] of conspiring and shooting, [condemned to] three years’ exile to Tabriz.
- The court acquitted 12 others who had been accused [of participating] in this mass killing.
[ Muḥárib ( Mohareb):In Islamic law, an individual who commits the crime of Muḥáraba, taking up arms against Islamic government or Islamic laws.]