[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM PERSIAN]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
The Local Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’is of Sarpol-e Zahab
Date: 8 Sultan 135
Corresponding date: 6 Bahman 1357 [26 January 1979]
Dear National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’is of Iran
Respectfully, we convey the following. On 9, 10 and 11 of the month of Dey this year [30, 31 December 1978, 1 January 1979], a group of hooligans raided the establishments and homes of the believers and caused substantial financial damages.
- They set fire to the large automobile spare parts store belonging to Mr. Mowhebatollah Fahandej, and it is completely burned down.
- They attacked the 32-door garage of Mr. Mowhebatollah Fahandej and razed half of it to the ground.
- They attacked the five-storey home of Mr. Sani Saberi, the construction of which was almost completed, tore down a wall and parts of the building, and stole a large amount of building materials.
- They attacked the residence of Mr. Sani Saberi and either broke or pillaged and stole most of the furnishings.
- They set fire to the store and mechanic shop belonging to Mr. Kourosh Haghbin and Mr. Behnam Monjazebi, after looting them.
- They broke the windows of the store belonging to Mr. Mohammad-Reza Asadi and set fire to his automobile.
- They broke all of the windows of the shop and home belonging to Kaykavus Fahandej.
- They set the car belonging to Kaykavus Fahandej on fire, but the fire was brought under control before it burned the car.
With prayers for confirmations of the Mighty God,
[Handwritten note on the bottom of the page]
To be filed
30 Bahman 1357 [19 February 1979]