[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM PERSIAN]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
Board of Review
Islamic Republic of Iran
Ministry of Petroleum
Date: 24/2/1362 (14 May 1983)
In the Name of God
After responding to each question, please sign in the space in front of each question.
- Write your complete personnel details.
Your last salary: One thousand seven hundred and eleven rials daily
Marital status: Married with five children
Name and Surname: Ziaollah Motallebi-Nasrabadi, Son of: Hossein; Date of Birth:[redacted];
Birth Certificate Number: [redacted]; Issued at: Region [redacted]; Staff Number: [redacted];
Last Place of Work: Shahroud - Distribution Department; …[Starting] Date of Employment: 1336
- Should you [provide an] untrue response to any question, you will be subjected to the Reconstruction Act. Do you agree? [Answer]: Yes I will respond truthfully to all the questions (signed).
- What was the judgment of the Preliminary Commission about you and what were their allegations against you?
I confess to and believe in: the unity of God; the unity of all Messengers of God, including Muhammad and the twelve Imams; loyalty to government and benevolence towards all human beings, and the sincerity of service. I have believed in the Baha’i Faith, and as a result of my belief, the Preliminary Commission ruled for my dismissal from work (signed).
- What is your complaint about the judgment of the Preliminary Commission?
- According to Article 23 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran, inquisition of belief is prohibited.
- Anybody who believes in the unity of God, all Messengers of God, including Mohammad and the twelve Imams, and is loyal to the government, and during 25 years of service has not committed any malicious act, cannot be considered as “perverse”, and should not be subject to Clause 8 of Article 29 of the Reconstruction Act (signed).
- Therefore, you confess to your belief in the Baha’i Faith? Yes I am a Baha’i and born into Baha’i Faith (signed).
- After all the discussions and explanations given to you, what is your opinion about the Baha’i Faith? I believe that the Baha’i Faith is a religion and is not a sect. Its purpose is establishing the world peace and unity amongst all human beings (signed).
- What is your opinion about the relationship of this sect to the colonialist and Zionist politics, after considering all the explanations provided? The Baha’i Faith is a non-political [religion] and its teachings are merely spiritual. It is far from being involved in any party politics or political groupings. (signed)
- Are you willing to investigate the truth with the opportunity that will be afforded to you? The truths about the Baha’i Faith are completely known to me and I do not have any doubt about them; [nor am I] willing to argue with you (signed).
- Considering that, according to the Reconstruction Act, members of the misled sect of Baha’ism will be dismissed from working in the government and its dependant institutions, are you ready to recant the Baha’i Faith? As mentioned above, the Baha’i Faith is a religion and not a sect, neither it is misleading, nor will I recant my faith (signed).