[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM PERSIAN]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
The Islamic Republic of Iran
The Islamic Consultative Assembly
Dated 11/8/59 [2 November 1980]
In the Name of God,
Respected Prosecutor of the Islamic Revolutionary [Court] for Bojnourd
With respect: The enclosed letter from Mr. Rouhi was received. After consulting with brother Mostafa Tabrizi, we will attempt to act [in accordance with the guidance of] follow the truth, and be patient.
- There is no doubt that, since its founding, the Baha’i party has been serving international imperialist powers. However, it behooves us to follow Islamic law and not waver from it when investigating the crimes of Baha’is.
- If Mr. Manouchehr Rouhi’s claim is true that, following the victory of the Islamic Revolution he has not taken any action against the Revolution, he will be under the protection of the Islamic government and we must treat him with mercy and forgiveness, as exemplified by the prominent figures of Islam.
- In cases where they are accused or found to be guilty, the reasons must be so clear that they will not feel discriminated against or subjected to injustice.
- If, on the basis of Islamic and social considerations, you grant concessions to people, this must include all of the people who [are subjects of] the Islamic Republic.
With expressions of gratitude to all servants of the Revolution, we pray to God for your success.
[Handwritten note in the margins]
- Hojjatol-Islam Falsafi, Sharia judge of Bojnourd
- Mr. Manouchehr Rouhi in response to letters dated 24 Mehr and 5 Aban 1359 [16 October and 27 October 1980]
 [The Holy Qur’an, Surah Asr, Verse 3]