[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM PERSIAN]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
Ministry of Education
Department of Education
Province of Zanjan
In the Name of God
Islamic Republic of Iran
Date 2 Shahrivar 1362 [24 August 1983]
Number 14-D 1/1113
Mrs. Razieh Yadollahzadeh, teacher, retired from the Ministry of Education
In view of the written report and documents from the headquarters of the Islamic Republic, you are a follower of the Bahá’í sect. It is therefore necessary that you respond to the following questions within three days of your receiving this letter.
1. Were your father and mother and ancestors [grandparents] Baha’is, or did you follow this path [on your own]?
2. Since what date have you been following the Baha’i sect?
3. What are the differences between Bahaism and Islam?
4. Do you consider Bahaism to be a progressive [modern] way of life, and do you fully believe in it?
5. What proofs do you have that Bahaism is better than other ideologies?
6. If someone wants to become a follower of your beliefs, how would he go about it?
Director of the Department of Education, Zanjan Province
Recipient of copy:
Supervision and Investigation Unit of the Department of Education of Zanjan Province