[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM PERSIAN]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
[The excerpt below is from the section of the article that pertains to the Baha’i Faith]
[Date:] Tuesday 18 Shahrivar 1359 [9 September 1980]
[Issue No.:] 2
Seven People Charged with Espionage Were Executed by Hanging in Yazd
Two people were also executed by firing squad in Tabriz and Urmia.
Yazd: The Islamic Revolutionary Court condemned seven people, charged with espionage against the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran, to death by hanging.
According to the Pars Broadcasting Service, this judgment was made based on the opinion of the National Headquarters of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which considers this group to be an organ of espionage, and the judgment was executed early yesterday morning.
The names of those who have been killed are as follows:
- Azizollah Zabihian, son of Asadollah
- Fereidoun Faridani, son of Goshtasb
- Nourollah Akhtar-Khavari, son of Kaykhosrow
- Abdol-Vahhab Kazemi[-Manshadi], son of Hosein
- Jalal Mostaghim, son of Abdol-Vahhab
- Mahmoud Hasanzadeh, son of Mohammad-Vali
- Ali Mozzaffari [Ali Motahhari], son of Hosein