[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM PERSIAN]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
In the Name of God
Date: 9 Dey 1364 [30 December 1985]
From: Mahmoud Jalili To: Mrs. Azizeh Jalili
- Following warm greetings, I hope you are all healthy and successful.
- Thank God I am doing well and I live in a pleasant environment.
- In my room there are fifteen more of our friends.
- The room is relatively large, with sunlight, very clean, with a window and heater.
- You and other beloved family members and relatives are always in my mind and I pray for your health to the Almighty God.
- Please give my regards to all family members and relatives.
- I visit family members once a week.
- The food here is clean, healthy, delicious and plentiful.
- We purchase necessary items from the prison store with low prices.
- The prison guards’ behaviours are totally Islamic and humane; they are very polite and disciplined.
- I await your letter and news of your good health and success.
- In closing, I wish for your health and happiness and leave all of you under the protection of God.
From: Mashhad, Post Office Box 1734, Postal code: 91375 – Central Penitentiary of Mashhad - Ward 5/2
(Reply to be written on the back of this paper)
Reviewed – May be sent – Correspondence Officer]