[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM Persian]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets.]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
[The excerpt below is from the section of the article that pertains to the Baha’i Faith]
[Newspaper:] Morning Daily, Khabar-e Jonub
[Date:] Saturday, 12 Ordibehesht 1360 [2 May 1981]
[Issue No.:] 337
Three Individuals Were Executed by Firing Squad in Shiraz
Three people that were accused of espionage for Zionism, collaboration with the previous regime, and membership in the Zionist institutions of Baha’ism, were executed by firing squad in Shiraz. The following announcement was published by the Office of Public Relations of the Islamic Revolutionary Court of Shiraz, regarding this news:
“In the Name of God — World Zionism lost three of its agents. On 10 Ordibehesht 1360 [30 April 1981], three agents of world Zionism in the region, including a dangerous spy and agent of Zionism in Iran and abroad, Colonel Vahdat, were executed by order of the Islamic Revolutionary Court of Shiraz. These three individuals are: Retired Colonel Yadollah Vahdat, son of Mokhtar; Sattar Khoshkou, son of Ali; and Ehsanollah Mehdi-Zadeh, son of Khan-Agha. Some of the allegations and crimes of the aforementioned are as follows:
- Efforts and activities to strengthen the heinous Pahlavi regime.
- Membership in the espionage systems of West Asia in connection with imperialism and Zionism.
- Very active membership in Zionist Baha’i administration.
- Control over the religious scholars and clergy of Shiraz during the Islamic Revolution.
- Efforts to spread a culture of ungodliness and unity, particularly among the innocent peasants and tribesmen.
- Efforts to dig up the body of a Muslim from his grave to send the remains to Israel in collaboration with the proponents of the previous regime, the “governor of the time,” and the religious head of the caretaker of the Shah Cheragh Threshold.
- Relationship with sensitive agents of global imperialism, including Brand Scott, a close associate of Jimmy Carter, the former U.S. president.
- Distribution of monies received from Haifa, Israel, in order to spread ungodliness and enmity with Islam and creation of uprising and chaos to advance the ominous Zionist goals of Baha’ism in the region.
- Relationship with foreign countries, such as England, India, Kuwait and Israel, in connection with espionage during numerous trips.
- Gathering of detailed statistics and information in the rural and tribal regions and sending to Israel.
- Publicly insulting and cursing the Great Messenger (PBUH) and the Pure Imams (PBUT) and offending Islam’s sanctity.
- Planning migration, preaching, and so on, in various parts of the country, including Fars Province, Bushehr, Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad, Isfahan, Yazd, Kerman, Azerbaijan, etc., and tens of other crimes.
Therefore, after several days of trial, the order for execution and confiscation of their properties, with the exception of one residence and furnishings for their families, was issued.
Upon confirmation of the Supreme Court, the order was carried out at 7:00 p.m., 10 Ordibehesht 1360 [30 April 1981].
Islamic Revolutionary Court of Shiraz – Public Relations