[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM Persian]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets.]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
[The excerpt below is from the section of the article that pertains to the Baha’i Faith]
[Date:] Monday, 20 Bahman 1365 - 9 February 1987 - 10 Jumada t - Tania 1407
[Issue No.:] 12958
Conditions for Reduction of Sentence and Release of the Prisoners During the
Fajr Decade Were Announced
On the threshold of the eve of the anniversary of the victory of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Mohammad Mousavi Bojnourdi, a member of the Imam’s Amnesty Board, in a press conference this morning gave some explanations regarding the conditions of the release of the prisoners and detainees…..
Part 3 - [Illegible]
1. Embezzlement of (more than 500,000 rials) and illegal seizure of public property and looting of the Treasury.
2. [Bribery by] persons who have received more than one million rials in bribes.
3. Armed robberies, highway robberies either on the highways or secondary roads, thefts with aggravated quality.
4. Professional swindlers.
6. Stabbers with the history of criminal activity and conviction.
7. Criminals who are subject to the law of aggravated punishment of kidnapping, which was ratified in 1345.
8. Importers, manufacturers and top class drug dealers.
9. Crimes of the anti-revolutionary groups (unless they are simple supporters and their repentance is proved to the prosecutor, Sharia judges and the Ministry of Intelligence) and the influential people of the perverse sect and the spies.