[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM PERSIAN]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
[The excerpt below is from the section of the article that pertains to the Baha’i Faith]
[Newspaper:] Jomhoury-e Eslami
[Date:] Tuesday 8 Ordibehesht 1366 - 29  Sha’ban 1407 [28 April 1987]
[Issue No.:] 2291
In the Name of God,
Conditions and Application Form for PhD students in Structural Engineering at Teacher Training University: …
- General conditions
- Strive for religious virtue and visibly uphold Islamic laws (facing the obligations and avoiding the prohibitions).
- Devotion and belief in the Islamic Revolution, the Supreme Leader, and the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Non-Alliance with the previous regime, non-involvement with SAVAK and Freemasons and/or Parties of the Old Regime, and the perverse [Baha’i] sect.
- Non-Alliance with combatant groups, atheists, seditious groups, and groups that seek to disturb the peace, both before and after the Islamic Revolution.
- Good physical health. Not having been rejected for employment from any lawful university and national institutions of higher education.
- Any lawful reason for lack of continued education, especially for being drafted for Army Service [Islamic Brotherhood].
- Not being older than 40 at the time of enrollment.
With hope and confidence in the Islamic University
Teacher Training University
Enrollment form for enrolment at the Teacher Training University
For the Doctorate Period -----
Name and Family name -----
Name ----- Religion ----- Affiliation ----- Army conscription status -----Nationality ----- …