[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM Persian]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets.]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
[The excerpt below is from the section of the article that pertains to the Baha’i Faith]
[Newspaper:] Enghelab-e Eslami
[Date:] 12 Ordibehesht 1360 [2 May 1981]
[Issue No.] 528
Three Agents of Global Zionism Were Executed.
Shiraz - Three agents of global Zionism were executed in Shiraz. According to the report received, the retired Colonel Yadollah Vahdat, the son of Mokhtar; Sattar Khoshkhou, son of Ali; and Ehsanollah Mehdi-Zadeh, the son of Agha Khan, were sentenced to death for committing the following crimes:
- Striving and endeavouring to strengthen the detested Pahlavi regime;
- Membership in the espionage organisations of West Asia in connection with imperialism and Zionism;
- [Being] active members of Zionist and Baha’i organisations;
- Controlling the clerics and spiritual leaders of Shiraz during the Revolution;
- Striving to spread the culture of blasphemy and atheism;
- Endeavouring to exhume the body of a Muslim in order to send the remains to Israel in cooperation with the supporters of the previous regime;
- Relationship with a close colleague of Jimmy Carter, the former president of the [United States of] America;
- Distributing monies received from Haifa, Israel, for the dissemination of blasphemy and hostility against Islam;
- Causing anarchy and disorder to advance the unholy intentions of the Zionist Bahaism in the area;
- Relationship with the United Kingdom, India, Kuwait and Israel for espionage, by making multiple trips;
- Preparing statistics and detailed information about rural areas and tribal regions and sending them to
- Openly insulting and cursing the distinguished Prophet (peace be upon Mohammad and His family) and the Sacred Imams (may peace be upon Them) and insulting Islamic sanctities;
- Programming pioneering, propaganda and other [activities], in different parts of the country, in addition to other offences.
Following a few days of trial, they were sentenced to execution and the confiscation of properties—except one dwelling place, with necessary items of living for their families. The judgment was approved by high judicial authorities and was carried out on Thursday night.