[stamp] Urgent and Immediate
Islamic Republic of Iran
General Staff of the Armed Forces
[stamp] Strictly Confidential
From: General Staff of the Armed Forces
To: Recipients Listed Below
Subject: Identification of members of the perverse Baha’i and Babi sect
Date: 7/8/1384 [29 October 2005]
Health to the Supreme Leader
With salutations and praise to Muhammad and His Descendants (S) [may the blessings of God be upon Him and His descendants], while we express our deepest sympathy on the occasion of the anniversary of the martyrdom of the Lord of believers in divine unity and the Commander of the Faithful [PBUH], and wishing for the acceptance of [our] deeds and suplicaitons, further to the reports received concerning secret activities and clandestine meetings of the perverse Baha’is and Bábis in Tehran and other cities in the country, and in accordance with the instructions of His Excellency the Supreme Leader, His Holiness Ayatollah Khamenei (may his exalted shadow be extended), the Command Headquarters of the Armed Forces has been given the mission to acquire a comprehensive and complete report of all the activities of these sects (including political, economic, social and cultural activities) for the purpose of identifying all the members of these perverse sects. Accordingly, we request that you direct the relevant authorities to collect any and all information about the above-mentioned activities of these individuals in a highly confidential manner and report their findings to this General Staff Headquarters.
This information is hereby submitted for the blessed consideration of the His Excellency the Supreme Leader, and the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces (may his exalted shadow be extended).
Chief of Staff of Armed Forces
Basij Major General. Dr. Seyyed Hassan [Aghaei] Firouzabadi [signature]
- The Ministry of Intelligence of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Political and Ideological Section of General Staff of Armed Forces
- Commander-in-Chief of the Sepah-e Pasdaran [Revolutionary Guard Corps]
- Commander-in-Chief of the Basij Resistance Forces of the Revolutionary Guard Corps
- Commander-in-Chief of the Police Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Intelligence Advisory Branch of the Police Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Representative of the Supreme Leader [Ayatollah Khamenei] in the Revolutionary Guard Corps
- Commander-in-Chief the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Esteemed Chairman of the Judiciary, Honourable Ayatollah Shahroudi - for information and action
- Esteemed Chairman of the Office of the Exalted Supreme Leader, Basij Brigadier General Mehdi Shirazi - for information.