[PROVISIONAL TRANSLATION FROM PERSIAN]
[Translator’s notes appear in square brackets]
[Personal information has been redacted.]
Ministry of War and National Defence
From: ABVAB. A. JA (Administration Department)
To: Sapah Bank (office of [Army] Employees affairs)
Subject: Termination of salary payment
Number: 603 5 26
Date: 13 Khordad 1359 [3 June 1980]
[Enclosure:] 6 pages as per description
[Stamp:] Confidential, Eyes only
In the Name of God
Confidential, Eyes only and Urgent Action
- The list of 131 personnel whose retirement has been cancelled or have been dismissed from the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran, due to their adherence to the Baha’i Faith, [is enclosed]. The matter has also been noted in the General Order of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the list [of these individuals] is enclosed as per index A.
- The names of 37 personnel whose dismissal order has been issued due to their adherence to the Baha’i Faith, and the matter [of which] will soon be published in the General Order of the Army, will be sent as per index B.
- Please issue the following orders:
- Regarding the stoppage of the salaries of all the personnel indicated in index A and the withholding of the payment of the salaries to all the personnel indicated in index B, [this] should immediately be acted upon. At the same time, through this Office, within the special order of the Ministry of National Defence, the relevant [Dismissal] Order will subsequently be sent to the Bank.
- Each and every one of them to is be informed that they can approach the Retirement Office and [Retirement] Insurance to fill in the relevant assurance form, refraining from religious propagation, and [arrange for it] to be sent to the Ministry of National Defence. In case of [approval] the Ministry of National Defence will act to re-establish their salary, for which a second decision will be brought to the attention of the Bank.
Director of the Retirement Office and [Retirement] Insurance of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran
Brigadier General Dr. Ali-Naghi Shayanfar
[Stamp:] Confidential, eyes only
[Official Stamp with number and date]
[Date:] Khordad 1359 [June 1980]
[Official Stamp with date] 14 Khordad 1359 [4 June 1980]
[Handwritten note at top of page]
 [Acronym: Office of Personnel of Islamic Republic Army]